The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
Sounds like the makings of a true King
seen at afropunk2k14The desperate white girl who results to racism to fit in with the Black people
Glad I didn’t see her in person. Her little necklace bothers me sooo much but this whole photo is a travesty.
See…this is the shit I was talking about regarding white people co-opting Black culture and other cultures for fun like a costume at a Black event, this that bullshit.
White people are so fucking lame
lol son. it makes me mad because i know there are people out there who will look at these comments and say they arent necessary.
but at any point, this girl can take off that necklace, comb her hair out, and easily be a “regular white girl” again. and for us it’s not that easy.
and that’s the problem.
^^^^ that. That right there.
Once you get this you have to say five things you like about yourself, publicly, then send this to ten of your favorite followers.
I’ve already done this, but I can send it to 10 more people
Thanks though =)